A Mighty Oak B&B will do everything possible to make your stay most enjoyable. To provide you with a pleasing experience, we have established the following policies. Please review the policies and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Two nights are required on most weekends.
- Rates are for double occupancy only. Additional guests are $25 per person per night and must be prearranged. We cater to the comfort, privacy, and security of guests that are registered. Guest visitors are only permitted on the property with prior Innkeeper approval. If you would like to have a non-guest join you for breakfast there is an additional charge of $15 per person and advance notice to the innkeeper is required.
- Group reservations, holiday, and wedding guest reservations require a 30 day notice.
- A deposit equal to one night of your reservation may be charged at booking.
- Prices may vary from outdated quotes on other websites, and only rates as published on the Inn’s website are guaranteed. Only one discount or promotion can be applied at a time.
- Cancellations received 14 days prior to your reservation will be refunded less cancellation fee.
- Because of the size of our operation, Cancellations (including changes) made within 13 days or less prior to the scheduled arrival will forfeit the 50% deposit and IF the suite is unable to be re-booked, the full reservation value will be charged to the guest making the reservation.
- Cancellation fee of $25 occurs on any cancellation to cover administrative fees for the B&B.
- Smoking is not allowed in A Mighty Oak Bed & Breakfast- this includes candles. The whole house fire alarm will sound. Smoking permitted on exterior porches only. (Violation fee minimum of $300 per night stay)
- Food – we specialize in Farm to Table Breakfast and special diets. Read more about our food services.
- Well-behaved, supervised children are welcome. Please instruct your children to respect our family’s private quarters. Because this is a working farm, for your child’s safety, children must be accompanied by an adult at all times. No childcare is provided.
- Pets – We regret that we cannot accommodate guest pets. If needed you may contact: Pilot Mountain Animal Hospital, Lucky Bones Country Club or Westfield Kennels
- Farm tours are arranged upon request at $50 per tour and last 1 ½ hours.
- Check-in time – after 3 PM until 7 pm Check-out time – before 11 AM (Please no late arrivals after 9:00 pm out of respect and courtesy of other house guests and early or late check-in will incur a fee. The key for suite door is provided within the suite, please return the key at time of check out or leave key in the suite-lost key fee $25.
- Late arrivals and/or early departures will be responsible for the entire reserved stay unless we are able to rebook the room.
- For the health and safety of our guests and our animals, entrance into the fencing, coops and broader house is prohibited. They can be seen with a Morse family guide.
- Please stay off all farm equipment and keep a safe distance from electric fencing.
A Mighty Oak Bed & Breakfast is committed to good environmental stewardship. Organic gardening practices, composting and recycling, are an integral part of our operations. Likewise, our lodgings have been designed to cool efficiently with tree shade and fans to bring in the cool evening mountain air. There is central air conditioning for the warmer months in Pilot Mountain.
Our kitchen features the best from our gardens as well as wholesomely raised local vegetables, farm fresh eggs, and pasture raised meats. We are committed to using as many locally made and grown products to support local farmers and sustainable agriculture. From the specialty soap in your bathroom, to the fruit salad on your breakfast table, we think you will be pleased with the options you find at A Mighty Oak Bed & Breakfast.